We have a rule in our home for gifts for our kids: no batteries. It’s been tough sometimes but I feel like I have perfected our Christmas shopping with no batteries involved!
Here is what I bought THIS year for my kiddos to help keep them off screens and using their imaginations! Oh! And we have simplified toys….AGAIN. The boys are basically down to hot wheels with non-battery tracks and legos. The girls are down to dolls and legos. Both of them have their quiet time caddies that I will discuss in this post as well! Just click on the underlined words below to go to a link to find these great gift ideas!
1. Legos. Duh.
Come on. I mean who doesn’t buy these? I know. But still! These are a continual go-to for my boys. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Yes. My boys like to have building competitions and my 2 year old even plays with them. It takes some training to get them to not put them in their mouths but it can be done. I often am the judge of who has the most unique lego creation!
2. LAMPLIGHTER!! Have you discovered lamplighter yet? Oh man, a new fave around here. My kids have listened to hours of these and often while using their quiet time caddies! We love Teddy’s Button the most! Right now I am reading Jack the Courageous to the kids during lunch time and they love it! I also got each of the big kids an illustrated book that I am sure they will enjoy.
3. Hot wheels. My kids love to make up tracks and play with them and trade the cars. Lots of fun for big and little kids. Be sure to buy the tracks that don’t have batteries!
4. Water paint! My littles love to paint! And water-coloring is super safe/clean and fun…and cheap 🙂
5. SCOOTERS! We enjoy these outside and INSIDE. This one is for my 2 year old 🙂
6. QUIET TIME CADDY GOODIES!! What are these all about?? I love these with all my heart…ok, that’s an exaggeration, but they have been great in our home! When it’s chaotic and I am tempted to tell the kids to watch something I say: “Grab your caddy and pick a couch!”
First you have to get containers like these. Mine are slightly bigger than these though because I have some big coloring books we like to add!
Colored Pencils (We have a new no pen rule in the home…sick of it being written all over except on paper!)
With these cool Colored Pencil holders!!
These great journals!
Riddle Books are also fun!!
7. GAMES AND PUZZLES! It is so fun to have older kids who like to play games. Here are some of our faves:
That’s it!! What has your shopping list looked like?? What are some of your go-to toys you like to get??
*this post contains affilate links.
Do you have a question or thought? If so, please let me know. I do my best to respond to each comment.